Directors & Officers Insurance
Davies Craddock understand that as a company director or senior executive you may incur certain personal liabilities.
Increasing regulation is placing greater pressure on company directors & officers to perform meticulously.
If a shareholder, employee or any other third party thinks a director or officer has failed to exercise ‘due care’ in the running of a business claims can be made against them personally.
With litigation escalating, directors liability insurance provides essential financial protection to directors & officers who see the benefit of buying individual cover, privately to protect themselves.
Wrongful acts are typically described as actual or alleged breaches of trust or duty, neglect, error, omission, misstatement, misleading statement, breach of warranty of authority or other acts wrongfully committed or attempted.
We live in an increasingly regulated world and the risk of directors and senior executive management incurring personal liabilities has increased dramatically in recent years especially in the following key areas including
- Involuntary, constructive or gross negligence manslaughter
- Health & Safety legislation
- Sexual, racial, disability or age discrimination
- Wrongful or constructive dismissal
- Wrongful trading such as in the knowledge that the business is or will become insolvent
- Unpaid taxes when the company has become insolvent
- Copyright and other intellectual property
- Data protection
- Environmental issues
You can also be held personally liable for the actions, errors and omissions of others.
If you wish to discuss further the valuable protection that Directors & Officers cover will provide then please call on 01554 779425 or Email.